Sunday 3 May 2009

Horray for hoildays!!!!!

Hope you're all having a great bank holiday weekend.... this was me at the end of work today!!!
Now I know what you're thinking..... blimey is she on holiday again??? & the answer would be yes!!! I plan my holidays 6-7 weeks apart & normally take 1 week at a time. Don't forget I do have to work from November til end of Jan with no holiday.

I thought I'd share my treats from London with you. First up Cath Kidston.......




I've been trying to get theses hankies for sometime but they're always out of stock...... but Tuesday was my lucky day. I loved them so much I had to buy all 3!!!
Now I think they're very large for hankies..... just how big does Cath think our noses are??!!!
I'm trying different things at the moment...... head scarf, neck scarf or possibly a cushion cover, although the boat one is very thin...... any ideas???

I also treated myself to these gloves.......



I spotted them.... get it!!!!...... when I went a few weeks ago but thought £6 was a lot for gloves that will get covered in mud within minutes but I couldn't stop thinking about them so when I saw them again I went for it. It did help that last Sunday I cut the top off of one of the thumbs on my old gloves so of course I need more!!


Emma Bridgewater next.......




Now this really was my lucky day as I've been trying to find one for ages, I know I could buy on Ebay but I hate using PayPal. It was the last one in the window so I was chuffed to bits!!!
Don't all my goodies look lovely together???



I wonder how many more treats I can buy for going to the horrible health & safety training!!!

We have a mid season sale on in habitat at the moment...... we have some good bargains & I couldn't resist this.........



A box of 16 scented candles. At Christmas these were £35!!! wow that's a lot for something you burn, they did go in the sale but at £25 I still wasn't going to buy them...... yesterday I noticed they are now £12.50...... £10 with my discount.... bargain!!! There's so many different ones....coffee, lavender, fig, fresh air (!)... I'm burning mowed grass now but I can't really smell it ....maybe not such a great bargain!!

I was sent this so I thought I'd share it with you.....enjoy.....


My dream cat.

19 comments:

  1. With swine flu in mind,I would make some face masks with the hankies....you'll look real trendy walking around Exeter! ;-)
    I love those gloves and your tin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!
    I bought the strawberry one, I've wore it as a headscarf and as a scarf....very cute either way!

    Think I may have to got back and buy the others, as they are tttttoooooooo nice!

    Have a happy hols!
    I'm going to Sudbury hall tomorrow....NT place...really excited!xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog-friend Junita has a cat called Fluffy who would love that joke! I love your shopping, myself! I have the 'truly great' tin tray on my 'meuble de chassures' (which means shoe rack!) and we use it to deposit all those little things you need to remember to take with you next time you go out. At the moment I think there are two of my teaching books on it! Have a lovely Bank Hol and proper hol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was very gracious of you to let the commoners trample along your property hehe.
    that picture from anchorman made me chuckle hehe so funny
    i would make that hanky into a cushion cover but dont listen to me i want to make everything into a cushion cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those really are great buys - em might have to get some of those hankies myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would tie them around my bag handles. I like to embellish my bags. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I found your blog on Wuddled Murds and I love it. I hope you dont mind but I've added your blog to my blogroll on my site.
    I am hosting a swap at the moment on my site, please feel free to pop by and take a look, and to join the swap if you wish.
    Take Care
    Love Melanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great buys!
    I was born in 1970 and had never heard of the dolls untill yesterday.
    Tell your friend if she ever wants to get rid of hers, i'll give them a good home 'hehe'.
    Jess has taken to them aswell so i'm thinking maybe a t-shirt or bag for her for her birthday. She gets something she likes and so do I lol!
    Enjoy your holiday
    ((hugs))
    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again - I have EXACTLY the same washing/weather problem as you today! Is your stuff dry yet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh well, my washing was dry all bar the waistbands of three pairs of jeans. I guess that's the difference between Devon and the South of France in May, even under cloud. Hope you have better luck tomorrow - I have a real backlog of washing after a rainy week so I really hope I get the sun tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice things! If you wanted to make the hanky into a cushion cover you could back it with some plain white cotton or linen. Love the tin!

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joe,
    They must have finally had an influx of hankies! I managed to get a few from Marylebone High St store last Wednesday. I agree, they are huge. I noticed in the latest Cath K mag that the models are wearing them as headscarves. Might try it but I'll probably end up looking like some sort of 70s throwback!!!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely goodies :-)

    can always spend a few quid (or more!) in CK's and Emma Bridgwater's :-)

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely goodies - CK and EB never fail to delight do they ?

    I was pottering in Ottery St Mary - I didn't realise they did the early closing thing in Crediton too. Small world though eh! I always vowed growing up I'd go as far away as possible, but it didn't turn out quite like that in the end, I'm pleased to say.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joe, thank you for leaving a lovely message for me when I was feeling sorry for myself. You right we are lucky. It may be small and it might not be in the right place but hey it's home.
    I have always imagined everywhere in Devon to be a really nice safe place to live but I guess it's like everywhere else there are good and bad places to live.

    I love the things you bought in London. The hankies have so many uses. Seems a shame to use them for what they were meant to be used for. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I not know CK did hankies!

    Now you've given me another excuse to pay a trip to one of her shops.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your wish comes true for the big 40!.. Do let me know if you get up in one of those balloons..

    Michele x

    Happy Hols

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joe
    Thought I'd drop by and let you know that there's an award for you over at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, I am hosting a book swap over on my blog. It is a permanent feature, which will always be on my blog, it is not a one off, like the rose theme swap I'm hosting. I have listed a load of my books which I am willing to swap, take a look, there may be some you fancy. If you would like to list books which you no longer want, and are willing to swap, just contact me at rosehyacinth@hotmail.co.uk, or leave a comment on my blog, with your name, the name of your blog and the books you wish to swap, and I will type them up and post them on the swap page, so the more and more people who participate, the wider the range of books there will be to choose from, and remember, it will always be there on my blog.
    Take Care
    Love Melanie xxx

    ReplyDelete