Wednesday 3 June 2009

Treats

Hello everyone, hope you've still got the lovely sunshine.
It's my day off again so I thought I'd do a quick post & share some treats with you.
First up & no picture....... my lovely new phone arrived today....yippee!!!
I love it, it's fantastic & yes I've been playing with it all day!!!
It's so quick & easy to use, I have problems texting people as I have chipolata fingers.... does anyone else have this problem??
Anyway I managed to send a text in about 5 seconds... how cool is that??
So I thought I'd use the camera to take some photo's to check out the quality..... don't think they look that good which is a shame because I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy a new camera. What does it look like your end????
So this is my new mug.....
I've been looking at it everyday on my way to work so decided to check out the price, now I was happy to pay about £5 for it but when I went in it was only £2.95..... bargain.
Then on to the library where I borrowed this film......

Have you seen it?? I read the book last year & I've been wanting to buy the DVD but I know I would only watch it once so it would be a waste of money. I was planning on watching it this afternoon but I haven't had time..... too busy playing!!!
The book was from Amazon, I had to ordered OH's birthday present & I thought it would be rude not to order myself something.

The hangers belong to my late nan, mum was going through somethings & found them. I think I'm going to crochet some flowers to go on them to cheer them up.
A photo of the garden.....


My salad bed & grape vine, we had 2 grapes last year but things are looking good this year.

8 comments:

  1. I read the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas last year too ~ don't know if I would be able to watch the film though knowing how it ends. I would love that flowery book, might just have to order it for myself as well :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a lovely day off.
    Fingers crossed that you will get a ton of grapes this year!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman after my own heart! I was ordering some things for my OHs birthday on Amazon today and not one but err, three books made it into the pile for me! I don't think camera phones are ever as good as the real thing; my iPhone is good but still not as good as the camera, things always seem a bit washed out though a bit of doctoring on the computer can usually sort that out.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was the film any good? I've heard a lot of people talking about it.

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you've got your phone at last. Pictures are looking good to me. Like the idea of a little something extra when ordering on amazon, will have to apply that theory next time I'm shopping for M!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo,

    fab goodies :-)

    Good luck with your grapes!

    Just wanted to say i have tagged you in a fun "things you love" game on my blog if you want to join in!

    Rose X

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos look good to me - the mug is fantastic! Grapes in Devon - I know it's possible, because my MiL (in Somerset) manages it. Last year all ours went mouldy. This year Ben is feeling militantly non-organic as far as the grape vine goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slumdog was a good film but I'm always doing something else when watching movies at home and wish i'd seen it at the cinema to follow properly.

    Hope you're having a great weekend,

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete