Sunday 16 October 2011

New job update

It's been so long since I last posted..... life just gets in the way doesn't it?

I thought I'd just pop in quickly to let you know how I'm getting on.
The team are really friendly & I really enjoyed the first few days. There is so much to learn, made to measure orders, quoting for curtain fabric, home design service...... I'm not used to knowing nothing!!!
At the end of the week I was having second thoughts but last week was better. 

On Saturday the store manager was off sick so I was left to run the home floor alone..... well me & the weekender (small team!!!)
I doubled the normal Saturday take & felt very much at home....... so it's all looking good!

The uniform allowance is rubbish....... I only had enough to buy one tunic until November!!! I had to buy another top out of my own money as I couldn't wear the same thing everyday!
I get more money in November so hope to be able to buy the dress I have my eye on..... yes me wanting a dress, what ever next!!!!

I'll be back when I have more time & will try to catch up with you all soon




8 comments:

  1. Glad it's working out for you Joe, even if the dress allowance is a bit mingy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's working out for you Joe, even if the dress allowance is a bit mingy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be long before you're full of L A knowledge Joe! Glad it's going well and that you're settling in :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to hear its going well and a new dress is always a fab idea for Crimbo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear all going well. It must be scary measuring for orders !
    Good luck
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad it is going well, it's always daunting at first when everything and everyone is new and different, but it sounds like you are settling in well now. Can't believe they are that stingy with the clothes allowance though :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear the new job is working out well -- mostly ;). Starting a new job and learning the ropes is just plain hard! You'll be great and I know they're glad to have you.
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your new job is going well, the first week is always the worst :)

    ReplyDelete