Saturday 7 June 2014

D Day - 70 Years On


Ok so I know I'm a day late posting this!

Yesterday I spent the morning watching the BBC coverage then I had a date with a pint of cider & some birthday cake!


You see D Day is also OH's birthday! 
We spent the afternoon in the pub with friends.

I also did a little nod to D Day in my shop


A lovely being creative with my windows & it's great having lovely comments from customers

I'm enjoying 3 days off at the moment which is great. Only 1 day left to do all my housework but I'm hoping to fit in the boot sale & see my nephew after his big operation on Friday.


Hope you're all having a lovely weekend






3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with posting a wee later Josie-Mary and I am drooling at the cider and cake! Och, it does look good!
    Oh dear, is the little one alright?
    Lovely window display (plaid skirt caught my attention!).
    Have a lovely weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday to your OH and congratulations on the shop window, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shop window's looking mighty fine! We recorded the BBC coverage and watched it over the weekend but on the Friday night, we went to our local cinema to see the D-Day Concert Live screening - it was brilliantly put together and very moving. xx

    ReplyDelete